Spring is definitely here now and its warming up so what better than to get out on the water and enjoy it on a paddle board! Here’s a write up about Fanatic Inflatable paddle boards and their 2019 range. We hope you enjoy!
Pre-paddleboarding, Fanatic were a well renowned windsurf board brand (as they still are) so they certainly had the prior expertise to build a great quality board. Since the birth of paddle boarding, Fanatic have been industry leaders in building and innovating paddleboards, whether its new shapes, technology or slick graphics.
Fanatic ’85 Windsurfing Board Range
Fanatic produce a wide range of SUPs:
- Hard shell and inflatable
- Touring, Surf, All-Round, Race….even white water and yoga.
- Different constructions – depending what you’re looking for – longevity or performance.
Which 2019 boards are we stocking and why?
10’4 Pure Air Inflatable Paddleboard | £459 inc. pump, paddle and bag.
Key Features: 10’4 Long | 33″ Wide | 5.5″ Thick | 284 Litres | 8.1kg Weight
- Great Value – The same board last season was +£600. Fanatic have produced last years board at a fraction of the cost.
- Lightweight – Although a single layer, Fanatics Drop-Stitch Light technology creates a durable, good quality yet affordable board.
- All round suitability – Great all round board for the family or a first time buyer. This board shape is perfectly suited to the conditions we have around our area.
11’6 Pure Air Touring Inflatable Paddleboard | £519 inc. pump, paddle and bag.
Key Features: 11’6 Long | 31″ Wide | 6.0″ Thick | 299 Litres | 8.1kg Weight (Photo Below)
- Again the same great value as the 10’4 Pure Air. The same board last season was in excess of £650.
- Touring shape provides great flat water performance.
- Simple, classy graphics.
- Lightweight, using Fanatics Drop-stitch light tech.
10’4 Diamond Air Inflatable Paddleboard | £819 inc. pump, paddle and bag.
Key Features: 10’4 Long | 33″ Wide | 5.5″ Thick | 284 Litres (Photo Below)
- An almost identical shape to the Pure Air however with greater stiffness and performance.
- Stringer technology to maximise stiffness.
- Tooless fin set up – super easy!
- Slick and eye catching graphics.
- Great package – wheelie bag with the backpack options.
- Y0u can windsurf on it too! There is a mast track fitted in the board, giving the board even more versatility.
11’6 Diamond Air Touring Inflatable Paddleboard | £889 inc. pump, paddle and bag.
Key Features: 11’6 Long | 31″ Wide | 6.0″ Thick | 299 Litres | 10.4 kg (Photo Below)
- Identical board to the 10’4 Diamond Air – but in the touring shape.
- A great option for our area – provides stability and flat water performance.
- Great look on the water. Clean and fresh graphics.
10’4 and 10’8 Fly Air Touring Inflatable Paddleboard | £889 inc. pump, paddle and bag.
10’4 Long | 33″ Wide | 5.5″ Thick | 284 Litres
10’8 Long | 34″ Wide | 5.5″ Thick | 306 Litres
- Great all rounder – flat water, surf, messing around – this board has you covered.
- Also has the mast track fitting – more versatility to go windsurfing.
- Fly Air Premium technology – making the board stiffer and lighter.
- 20 – 25% Lighter compared to the standard double layer tech. Allowing you to paddle a lighter board and stay out on the water for long…what better!
- Ample width – 10’4 with 33″ width and the 10’8 with 34″ width. This provides stability for the heavier rider and may even allow you to bring a little passenger on the front…
- Overall a great all round option with some of the best inflatable technology on the market.
There are plenty of further options in different styles in both the inflatable and hard board range. If you have your eye on anything else from Fanatic we can talk through those options with you… just give us a call or email.
We hope this has provided you with some great paddle board options. We choose these boards based on value for money and always strive to provide the best quality board at the best possible price.
We have more blogs available about other paddle board brands such as Red Paddle co. If you have any questions about the differences between the brands or what might be best, again, feel free to come by the shop or give us a call.
Our next blog will be the best locations to paddle in our local area… or our favourites at least! Thanks for reading and we hope to see you on the water soon! Thats it from us for now, keep in touch on Facebook, insta, twitter or if even better come on by the shop for a chat and a cuppa!
Written by: Tom Peek